Get ready to change the way you and your family and friends use your phones. You can now share your minutes, texts and data with up to 3 people for only $25 extra per person each month, when you join on a $55 Plan or above. If you're on a retired plan with unlimited calls & texts you are eligible to share your calls and texts too.
- Shareable Unlimited* calls and texts to NZ & Aussie
- Shareable NZ Carryover Data
- Share all of this with up to 3 other people for only $25 per person each month.
How do you start sharing calls and texts?
You can start sharing whenever you like, in either the 2degrees App, or by text.
Start sharing in the 2degrees App:
- Select Menu > Your Account > Sharing > Add Someone
- Then punch in the 2degrees number you want to share with
- Next click the ‘calls and texts’ check box
- Then push ‘Add’
- Lastly click on ‘Buy now’ to confirm you’re happy to pay $25 a month
- You’re done! We’ll send you a text once your sharing has been set up
- You and your sharee may need to restart your mobile to start sharing
You’ll notice that you have the option in the app to share data as well. If you didn’t already know, you can keep up to 5 of your friends and family surfing, scrolling and snapping by sharing your data with them for free! So if you want to share data, as well as calls and texts, simply select both boxes and we’ll set everything up together. Find out more about Shared Data here.
Start sharing by Text:
- Text “Share Unlimited” followed by a space, then the number you want to share with, to 233. Like this: SHARE UNLIMITED 0220202020
- We’ll send you a text to confirm you want to do this
- Reply Y to confirm
- You’re done! We’ll send a text once your sharing has been set up
- You and your sharee may need to restart your mobiles to start sharing
How do you stop sharing calls and texts?
Had a falling out? Or simply don’t want your friends to use all your minutes and texts anymore? No problem, you can stop sharing whenever you like in either, the 2degrees App, or by text.
Stop sharing in the 2degrees App:
- Select Menu > Your Account > Sharing to see the numbers (or names) of the people you’re sharing with
- Tap the person you want to stop sharing with
- If you want to stop sharing calls and texts, untick the Calls and texts check box, then tap “update”
- If you want to stop sharing data, as well as calls and texts, tap “Stop Sharing” and we’ll stop everything together
- You’re done! We’ll send you a text once we’ve updated your sharing details
Stop sharing by Text:
- Text ‘STOP’ followed by a space, and then the number of the person you want to stop sharing with, to 233. Like this: STOP 0220202020
- We’ll send you a text once we’ve updated your sharing details
How can I see who I’m sharing data with?
Forgot who you’re sharing with? It’s easy to find out in the 2degrees Mobile App or by text.
Check who you’re sharing with in the 2degrees app
- Scroll down to your Dashboard to see who you’re sharing with and what their sharing with you (either data, calls and texts, or both).
Check who you’re sharing with by text
- Text ‘VIEW UNLIMITED’ 233
- We’ll send you a text back to confirm the numbers you’re sharing with
- *Fair Use Policy applies.
- You must be on a $55 Plan or above to activate.
- Maximum of 5 people for data sharing per Plan. Persons sharing must have a device with a 2degrees SIM.
- To share data you must activate Shared Data services.
- $25 charge per month (or part month) applies for each person sharing and valid until you no longer wish to share. You will be charged $25 per month (or part month) for each person you share with. Charge is in addition to your monthly Plan charge. Shared Data is a free service.
- Standard NZ and Aussie minutes and person to person text only. Premium rate numbers excluded. Calls and texts to countries other than NZ & Aussie cannot be shared. NZ data usage only.
See our full Terms and Conditions.