Sick of your mates not having enough data to like your latest Insta post? Or is it hard getting Mum to call you back because she still thinks it costs the earth? Now you can create a Pool on your account to share minutes, texts and data and the bill!
Simply choose the amount of data you want to share between you, and how many people you want to share it with. You can choose between the 10GB $55 Carryover Plan or 25GB $70 Carryover Plan. Easy!
- Shareable Unlimited* calls and texts to NZ & Aussie
- Shareable NZ Carryover Data
- Share all of this with up to 4 other people for only $25 per person each month.
- You can add an interest free phone to your account for any Member in the Pool. The monthly repayment will be added to the bill at the end of the month.
How to set up your Pool
Simply call our friendly Telesales team on 0800 022 055, head into your nearest 2degrees store, or request a call back online to see if your current plan is eligible.
How many people can I have in my Pool?
You can have a maximum of 1 Leader and 4 Members per Pool.
How can I add people to my Pool?
Want to add a friend? Call Customer Care on 0800 022 022, head into your nearest 2degrees store, or call our Telesales team on 0800 022 055.
How can I remove people from my Pool?
If it’s them not you, and you’d like to go your separate ways- no worries. Call Customer Care on 0800 022 022 or head into your nearest 2degrees store and they’ll sort you out.
What if the Leader wants to leave the Pool?
Had a falling out, moving overseas, or you’re just not that into them anymore? No problem. Call our Care team on 0800 022 022 and they’ll help you out.
How to pay for your Pool Plan
One of your Pool will be the Leader, so choose who it is wisely. We’d recommend your most reliable because they’ll be the one responsible for the bill.
You’ll notice in your bill, that we’ve broken the cost down into a few easy items; the Carryover Plan which the Leader is on, and a Pool Plan for each additional member. That way you can see exactly what’s going on.
The Leader of your Pool will also be able to buy extra Data Packs for your crew if you happen to make your way through all your Carryover Data.
How can I see who is in my Pool?
We’d hope you don’t forget the names of your nearest and dearest, but just incase you have a sudden mind block you can see all the numbers of the members in your Pool in Your 2degrees or in your 2degrees App.
How can I get more data for the Pool?
Already run out? We can help with that. All the Leader needs to do is to choose the amount of data to add to the Pool and text 233 the Pack name. You can choose between $10 500MB NZ Carryover Pack, $20 1GB NZ Carryover Pack or the mighty $50 15GB NZ Carryover Pack.
The Leader is the only one able to add Data Packs, so make sure their number is on speed dial. The cost of the pack will be added to the bill at the end of the month. Easy.
How can I set up Spend Control for the Pool?
If you’re the Leader of the Pool, you can either set the Spend Control Limits for your members, or give them access to set their own. If you’re not sure how to give your Members access, call our Customer Care team on 0800 022 022.
You sure can! If the Leader wants to share the love outside your Pool, they can follow the normal Shared Data steps.
- *Fair Use Policy applies.
- The Leader must be on a $55 Carryover Plan or $70 Carryover Plan to be eligible for the Pool Plan.
- Maximum of 5 people for data sharing per Pool.
- $25 charge per month (or part month) applies for each Pool Plan Member. Charge is in addition to the monthly Carryover Plan charge.
- Standard NZ and Aussie minutes and person to person text only. Premium rate numbers excluded. Calls and texts to countries other than NZ & Aussie cannot be shared. NZ data usage only.
- The first release of the Pool Plan is not available for everyone. Please head into your nearest 2degrees store to see if you’re eligible.
- If a Member wants to join the Pool but has an existing interest free phone. They will have to pay this off before joining the Pool Plan.