Compare iPhone models
- Available space is less and varies due to many factors. A standard configuration uses approximately 10GB to 12GB of space (including iOS and preinstalled apps), depending on the model and settings. Preinstalled apps use about 4GB, and you can delete and restore them.
- The display has rounded corners. When measured as a rectangle, the screen is 5.85 inches (iPhone XS), 6.46 inches (iPhone XS Max), 6.06 inches (iPhone XR) or 5.85 inches (iPhone X) diagonally. Actual viewable area is less.
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR are splash-, water- and dust-resistant, and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions. iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max have a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 2 metres for up to 30 minutes). iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X and iPhone XR have a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 1 metre for up to 30 minutes). Splash, water and dust resistance are not permanent conditions, and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage is not covered under warranty.
- Qi wireless chargers are sold separately.
- Size and weight may vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Data plan is required. Gigabit-class LTE, 4G LTE Advanced, 4G LTE and VoLTE are available in selected markets and through selected carriers. Speeds are based on theoretical throughput and vary based on site conditions and carrier. For details on LTE support, contact your carrier and see www.apple.com/au/iphone/LTE.
- All battery claims depend on network configuration and many other factors; actual results will vary. Battery has limited recharge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced by an Apple service provider. Battery life and charge cycles vary by use and settings. See www.apple.com/au/batteries and www.apple.com/au/iphone/battery.html for more information.
- Testing conducted by Apple in August 2018 using preproduction iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR units and software, and accessory Apple USB-C Power Adapters (30W Model A1882 and 87W Model A1719). Fast-charge testing conducted with drained iPhone units. Charge time varies with environmental factors; actual results will vary.
- Testing conducted by Apple in August 2017 using preproduction iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X units and software, and accessory Apple USB-C Power Adapters (29W Model A1540, 61W Model A1718 and 87W Model A1719). Fast-charge testing conducted with drained iPhone units. Charge time varies with environmental factors; actual results will vary.
- eSIM will be available later this year through a software update. Using eSIM requires a carrier plan, which may include restrictions on roaming and switching service providers, even after the contract has expired. Not all carriers support eSIM. Use of eSIM in iPhone may be disabled when purchasing from some carriers. See your carrier for details. To learn more, visit support.apple.com/kb/HT209044.
- Display size is measured diagonally.
A portion of the proceeds from every (PRODUCT)RED™ purchase will go to the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa.